Massage & Myofascial Release
Natasha Alan-Williams is a professional Massage and Myofascial Therapist.
She has been in private practice since 2010 working alongside other health care practitioners to facilitate recovery from injury and chronic pain. Natasha provides therapeutic, deep tissue massage and rehabilitation for a wide range of injuries including sports and over use, chronic conditions, pain management and every day wear and tear.
Natasha also has extensive experience of working with people with spinal injury and neurological conditions including Stroke and Multiple Sclerosis.
Personal goals for which Massage & Myofascial Release may be useful include:
- Reduce pain;
- Assist post exercise recovery;
- Ease stiff painful joints and muscle tightness;
- Improve range of motion, suppleness and elasticity;
- Reduce muscle tone;
- Improve local or general blood circulation;
- Promote lymphatic drainage;
- Soften and mobilise scar tissue;
- Increase sensory threshold / Reduce hypersensitivity;
- Promote positive body image;
- Reduce stress and anxiety;
- Promote relaxation and well being.
Scar tissue and myofascial adhesions form as a result of the body’s normal healing process. A scar may be the result of a cut, which is easy to see, or adhesions may form internally as the result of injured muscle, ligaments and tendons.
For the most part, scar tissue does a good job in ‘holding things together’ after injury or surgery. However, scar tissue is not as functional as the tissue it replaces. Sometimes, scar tissue may pull on other areas, compress nerves, blood vessels and organs and restrict physical movement and physiological functioning. This can then develop into pain and dysfunction.
- Ease the side effects of immobility such as stiff painful joints, chronic muscle tightness and poor posture
- increase blood flow to tissues enabling oxygen and nutrients to pass through more easily to repair tight or damaged muscles
- Release tension and stretch over used muscles
- Reduce stress and anxiety and promote positive body awareness
- Desensitise sensitive areas
- Free adhesions and soften scar tissue caused by surgery, injury or over use
For further information please visit Natasha’s own website www.freedomwithin.me